Assign time to task that spans multiple days

Hi folks. Hoping I can get some clarity here…

Current scenario… I create one task today with a due date of today BUT I know for a fact that this task will take 3 days to complete. I ask my team to apply their time to this one task (so I get daily time tracking done) and mark it as complete then on the succeeding days to create a new task for the same work (add what they’ve done to the description / comments area) they’ve still had to do then each day to add time and mark that task as complete then the same for the next day and so on.

Is this the best way to track time on a task that I know will span multiple days or is there a way to keep the original task open and have the team apply time to it daily. But I would still want to see daily individual time tracking.

fyi… using Everhour in conjunction with Asana for time tracking.

Thanks
Terry

You are in luck this is exactly what the latest Time Tracking custom field is about. Anyone can input time on a task. Did you try?

Hi Bastien
How/ where do I see this field? Does this answer by question about entering time on one task over multiple days and be able to view daily time logged?

Thanks
Terry

You can add such field by going in the customise menu of a project (you’ll need a paid plan). Multiple days will mean multiple entries though.

Ok thanks for your help here. I’ll look into this further.

Regards
Terry