assign copies of task

New user here, using free version (online not mobile app) to test this out. Trying to assign copies of a task and it’s not working. I don’t get the two people icon next to the assignee per the video and blog post. The only thing I can do is assign it to someone else on my team, it won’t copy.
But I’m trying to copy a whole task, as we have many similar tasks. The project detail page looks different than on the blog post–has it been updated and now things are different?

video: Ways to save time in Asana | Product guide • Asana
blog: How to assign copies of a task in Asana

@Manya_Chylinski,

Did you open the task’s Task Detail pane (right side) and click the Assignee field there? You should see the two-person icon.

If you instead click on the Assignee column without opening Task Detail, you won’t see the two-peron icon.

If it’s not that, I’m not sure and will defer to the others here!

Larry

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Manya_Chylinski and apologies for the confusion:

As @lpb explained, in order to assign copies of a task you first need to open the task details. Once there you should be able to see the two-person icon once you click on the assignee field - please see the screenshot attached.

I hope this helps Manya but please let us know if you need further assistance on this!

1 Like

Aha! Yes. I see it now. Thanks Larry and Natalia for the quick replies!

2 Likes

Hi,

im experimenting this same problem but even on the task details, that two-person icon wont appear neither of your website nor on your desktop app, nor mobile app

Please help since I need this feature for my organization, we are on a trial period

Thanks

Andrea

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-25 a las 17.39.50

SEE HERE

Welcome, @Andrea_Garin_Villanu,

Look near the bottom of the image you posted for the blue “Assign duplicate tasks.” That’s how to reach this feature now (the UI changed some time ago).

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-25 a las 17.39.50

Larry

1 Like