Asana User Permissions

users
permissions

Is there a problem with the underlying code that makes it particularly difficult for Asana to offer robust permissions management? It seems like there has been no movement on a core product weakness for a very long time.

At one point Alexis indicated a fundamental conflict between permissions management and transparency. Again, is that a technical issue or a philosophical issue? If it is philosophical, that seems to make little sense. Asana could offer robust permissions, but leave it up to the customer to decide how stringently they want to implement them. Asana could even recommend “permissions lite” settings, but still give the customer the option to ensure the integrity of their own data.

Is there a published product roadmap that shows the priority that Asana had assigned to requested or planned new features and functionality (speaking of transparency…)?

Hello all!

I need to provide to my customer access to some projects at Asana.
I created an User with guest only privileges (Read and Comment), however this user is able to create new tasks, modify it’s notifications roles, view all menus and reports.
Is there any way to limit the user to: Only view the Dashboard and comment the activities that was assigned?

Best Regards,
Cesar Duarte

Hi @Cesar_Duarte and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:

Have you added your Guest at a Project or Team level? To make sure to restrict their access a maximum, I would recommend adding them to the project level only (or even to specific tasks if they don’t need access to the entire project). If you’re using the Premium version of Asana, you might also want to check out User Permissions.

We already have a pretty similar thread on Forum, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to consolidate feedback; I hope that’s ok!