Asana Release Notes September 2022

Hi all :wave:

:rocket: Please find our release notes for this month below :arrow_down:

• Apps in My Tasks: App integrations aren’t just for projects. Add an app to My Tasks by clicking the Customize button and choosing an app from the list. See how
  • Metadata Fields in My Tasks: Metadata Fields (e.g. task creator, task creation time) are now available in My Tasks. Toggle fields on or off from within the Customize menu. Learn more about Metadata Fields
  • New Custom Field types: Date and People Field types are now available. Add a Date field to track dates that are unrelated to a task’s due date. Use the People field to to clarify important roles or stakeholders for a specific task. Check out more on People Custom Fields
  • Access permission for read-only links: Super Admins can implement more data security by restricting read-only link sharing to members within their Organization. See more about Read-only link sharing
  • Form Settings consolidated: View, edit, adjust privacy, and share project Forms from one location within the Form Settings.
  • App intake in Workflow Builder: Easily bring in data from other apps to create tasks in Asana when building workflows in the Workflow Builder. Read more
  • Like from an email notification: Like an Asana task, message, comment, or status update directly from an email notification to keep work moving forward in Asana without leaving your email inbox.
  • Custom password policy: Enterprise Admins can select a “Custom” option to customize the complexity of password requirements for their Organization. Learn more about password strength levels
  • Improvements to the Zapier Connector: Now, there are more ways to trigger Zaps and automate work with the Asana and Zapier integration. See how one of our Asana Community members gets time back by using Asana and Zapier.

As always, we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback in the comments below :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Rules that I had created and were working yesterday are not working today. The notification that the rule was triggered pops up, but the triggered action never actually happens. The timing of this makes me wonder if it’s related to this update?

Hey guys. Images in tasks on board are became really huge after this update. Was this intentional?

Hi @Jen_Mattice, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

You can reach out to our Support team with the URL to the project where these Rules live and they will be able to look into this further for you :slight_smile:

Hi @anon48107964, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

It doesn’t look like this is related to any of the updates here. I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team so they can look into this further for you.

I am having the same issue. My project looks very cluttered now. Let us know if you manage to solve it, thanks!

Looks like all the edit permissions for the templates we use were moved to comment only rather than Edit. The owner of the templates no longer works for the company. Is there anyways to change the owner?

1 Like

Welcome, @anon71160579,

You can email support@asana.com to help you.

(Also, in the future it’s best to start a new thread for new topics.)

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

According to support, the large photo previews are here to stay. Very irritating, will need to deactivate all photo previews to regain overview of my tasks.

1 Like

Just want to say that the added fields to my tasks is very much appreciated! I imagine this is part of the the larger rollout of custom fields in my tasks here - Custom Fields in My Tasks - #472 by Charles_Wanless. This will definitely be helpful for me and where I work, so again, thank you!

1 Like

Some great features. I am looking forward to seeing JIRA included in the workflow builder. When the ticket status is updated, the workflow in asana would be triggered.

But really great features!

1 Like