Asana Release Notes September 2020

Hi all :wave: :slight_smile:

Please find below our Release Notes for the month of September!

• Charts in status updates : Add charts to your project and Portfolio status updates, bringing them to life with clear visuals. Learn how.
  • Forms facelift : We released three updates to Forms this month. Learn more about Forms.
    • A date field in a Form can now map to the due date field of the resulting task.
    • Add a custom header to personalize the appearance of your Forms to submitters.
    • Add branching logic to your Forms to ensure people only answer relevant questions, while making sure you get all the information you need to kick off work.
  • Subtasks on boards : Now you can expand and take actions on Subtasks directly from the main Board View, in the same way you can from List View.
  • Custom Fields in iOS : Add and view Custom Fields in your list view projects on mobile with iOS.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below and to log your feedback in our #productfeedback category!

13 Likes

Thanks for the helpful update, @Emily_Roman!
Particularly happy about the forms forms and “Subtasks on boards”. On the subtasks: Does that mean, that they get counted in the dashboard view, and rules apply to them in the same way as at task level, too? Plus: Are they visible in the calendar and timeline view just like tasks themselves (or is this planned)? Thanks, Ramona

Hi @Ramona_Silberbauer, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the late follow-up here!

Subtasks are now visible on boards but they are not automatically added to the project, this means you will need to add them to the project if you need them counted in the dashboard view and apply rules. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. We’re always working on launching iteration faster, stay tuned for the future updates, one thing we can promise is that you’ll be first to know in the Forum :slight_smile:

Hi @Emily_Roman,

I just discovered the “expand subtasks” feature and I was really excited to use it, but I soon realized it was not working well with the sorting options. Indeed it works fine on boards even when I sort the tasks by both section and date, but on lists as soon as I use any sorting option the subtasks are no longer displayed. Is that a bug or the intended behaviour ? It would be awesome to be able to use both this feature and the the sorting options in list views.

Thanks, JB

1 Like

Hi @JB_BRU, thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us!

As it stands, it’s currently not possible to expand and collapse subtasks when you are sorting your tasks list. We have a request in our #productfeedback category for this feature, I suggest you to upvote here: Display subtasks on List view when project is filtered/sorted

1 Like