Asana Premium - Deactivate a user (left the company) but keep the user assigned to completed tasks

Hello,

One of our teammate left the company. The administrator removed the user from Asana and it disconnected the user from all the completed tasks from all the projects. We had to restore the user account in order see the user on the completed tasks

Is there a way to deactivate the user account and not pay for the account without removing the
user from the historical tasks. I believe this should be fixed if it’s not a feature. Historical records should be maintained for audit purposes.

Regards,

D

Hi,

Interesting request. I’ll let Asana in the person of @Rebecca_McGrath answer. In the meantime, maybe a workaround would be to create a guest account, with a dummy brian_left@gmail.com (with proper name and profile picture) and assign those tasks to this account… I could help automate with a script if needed :wave:

This is a very important function, that I miss as well. There is no way to maintain this historical information in a proper way. But also to suspend/deactivate a user if they are not active in the organization for a while, but you know, they will be coming back later and you don’t want to pay for their not active account. I am surprised this issue doesn’t have more votes.

hello. checking in on this query in 2023. needing a feature that allows us to see where a user worked even after they are deactivated. has this been addressed? and if so, how can i make use of it?

thank you.

Nothing yet on this topic.