Asana Outlook add-in, needs to login for every task created

Hi @Patrick_EMIN,

Could you confirm if this is happening with the web version or the Outlook desktop application?

With the Outlook Desktop Application

Thanks Patrick and so sorry for the trouble!

I just tried to reproduce the issue on my end, and once I log in, I’m not prompted to log in again unless I’m quitting the Outlook app. Is there any chance you could send a screencast to support team so we can escalate the issue to our development team?

Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

Thanks you!

Was there any resolution to this issue? My outlook add-in (Desktop/Windows 10) does not stay signed-in either. I have to login every time I close the panel.

1 Like

@Patrick_EMIN, did you manage to resolve this issue with our support team? If so, could you share the solution with us?

Actually no. I did not investigated further. I still have the issue.

Thanks for the quick follow-up @Patrick_EMIN,

i’ve reached out to our Development team and asked them to investigate this issue; i’ll be in touch as soon as I’ll have further updates!

1 Like

Thank you all for your patience. Our team suspect this issue could be directly linked to your Outlook desktop app security settings. It is pretty difficult for us to troubleshoot on our end since all of you potentially have different setups; so we would recommend working with your IT department to adjust your security settings within the Outlook desktop app.

Hi there. I have the same problem. Other addons do not sign out in my outlook app

I have the same problem also. Using Outlook desktop software with Asana shortcut on the toolbar. Have to login to Asana everytime the panel is closed. If I click on the cog to go into settings on the Asana panel, it says that I am logged in.

1 Like

I have the same problem with Outlook for Mac version 16.32.

Any new on this? I’ve got the same issue on OS 10.15

I have the same complaint. Any solution yet?

Same problem. Desktop outlook as well. Also have plug-in for slack but that stays logged in. Having to log in each time basically renders the plug-in useless. It is easier to use outlook tasks or even just copy and paste into asana if necessary.
It would be great if you could fix this…

Same here this is still a problem. My Outlook for Mac AND Outlook Web both do not stay signed in!

It’s pretty annoying. The other addin I use frequently is Slack’s and that one never has this problem so it seems specific to Asana.

Considering this was reported in 2018 and there’s still no fix I do hope that @Marie can help get this the attention it deserves.

Thanks

All of us at the office experience this, only sporadically. I’d estimate there’s a 25% chance that I have to re-login to Asana every time I open the Outlook plugin.

This happens on the desktop app, website, Outlook PWA, and New Outlook.

Same here Outlook Desktop App macOS 13.4. This makes Asana as useless as most other planners that do not have a mail integration.

Hello,

Multiple people in our organization are experiencing this issue as well.

Thanks,

I am experiencing the same “have to log in every time” issue on Windows 11 and 10, personal install and domain setups. It would be helpful if you guys had a common issues or troubleshooting steps to help users self serve.

I am having a similar problem.

Hardware: Apple M1 Max
MS App: Outlook 16.81.2 (24012814)
Asana Desktop: 2.1.2

Please advise.