Asana Outlook Add In login page crashing on my mac using Chrome browser.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I have the Asana for Outlook Add In for my outlook account. Recent, when I try to use the Add In, A side widow opens and ask me to login. Then a screen asking to allow Asana to display a new window opens. When I click allow the the Asana Login Screen tries to open and say waiting for Outlook.asana.plus for a duration of a few seconds and then crashes and goes back to the first login widow. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version: Chrome Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi @Titus, welcome to the forum and sorry for the trouble here! Let’s try to solve this together!

This seems like a browser issue, I recommend you following the steps listed in this article. Please let me know if the issue persists or if you have any questions!

I’m having the same problem. I posted about it last week: Plug in not loading in outlook sometimes - #10 by Chelsee_Damen

Working through the article you linked, disabled all browser extensions, updated Chrome, cleared history/cache/cookies, attempted on Safari. Has not helped.

I checked my ability to establish a WebSocket and got this error:
WebSocket connection: Closed before probe completed, code: 4501 (server rejecting connection from ServerActor), after 326ms.

Are there any updates or suggestions? I built a whole workflow around using my outlook asana add-in and the backlog is really starting to get out of hand since the add-in stopped working for me a couple weeks ago.

Hi @Chelsee_Damen, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the late follow-up here!

I investigated this further and it seems this issue is related to the browser extensions. Can you follow these steps and let me know if the issue persists?

1. Type in the following in your Search bar: chrome://flags/#same-site-by-default-cookies
  2. Set the “SameSite by default cookies” to “Disabled
  3. Then restart Chrome, and try logging in again

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

:nerd_face: FIXED! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hi Emily. I am having the same problem. The ‘SameSite by default cookies’ no longer appears in the Search bar link you shared. Can you suggest a fix please? I have followed all the steps you gave to Chelsee upto this point. @Emily_Roman

hi all i am having the same issue. I cant load asana for outlook. And the fix above isnt working.

@Adina_Zaiontz,

Are you experiencing the same thing as this?

If so, watch that for updates…

Thanks,

Larry