Asana for Order Tracking

Hi there,

I’m looking to use Asana to allow our customers to track the orders they place with us.

We use Pipedrive as CRM and I know that with integration I can link an order that is ‘won’ to automatically create either a project or a task within Asana.

My goal is that whenever a deal is won, it creates a project or a task (not sure what would fit best) within Asana and that, based on a predefined template in board-style (e.g. Assembly/Transport/Delivery) I could share a link to this project with our customer so they can track their order.

Would that be possible? We’re new to using Asana so any input you might have is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Florent

Hi @Florent_Geerts, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

As the Pipedrive + Asana integration is built and managed by Pipedrive directly, I would suggest consulting the Pipedrive’s documentation or email their support team at support@pipedrive.com for assistance here! :slight_smile:

They will be best equipped to provide you with a solution!

Dear Rebecca,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I indeed know that this is possible in Pipedrive, I’m just trying to see how I could use Asana for an order-tracking like system following that integration.

Let me phrase it more concretely:

1. Can I share the link to a project outside of my organisation as well?
  2. Can I share the link to a task outside of my organisation as well?
  3. Is it possible to change the parameters that are now highlighted under ‘task’. I see for example ‘assignee’, ‘due data’, but could I also show ‘section’ in there? (the section of the project that it is in)

Thanks so much for your help (and to the rest of the community) .

Regards,

Florent

Hi @Florent_Geerts, thank you for getting back to me with that additional context! :slight_smile:

To answer your questions:

You can share a link to projects and tasks with those who are not part of your Organization however, they will be prompted to create an Asana account (if they do not have one) and join your Organization to view the content of the link.

Yes, it is indeed possible to change the fields shown in a task. You will need to add these fields to the project the task is in. The project and section a tasks lives in will show in task also.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.