Asana for Gmail - and Apple mail?

I just got a notification that Asana is now available for Gmail so you can directly create a task from the email. That is absolutely fantastic! Really a great new feature!
Personally I don’t like the way Gmail works and looks, when you open it on your browser. So I use Apple mail on my Mac.
Is is possible to create the wonderful feature of creating tasks directly from your inbox via Apple Mail too?

I was wondering the same thing, and I was also wondering: is there any add-on for Mac OS Mail at all? :thinking: this is not in Apple philosophy to allow customization of their software, maybe someone from Asana team can confirm…

I love the idea!!

It is possible to create one and there are a number of them out there, but Apple Mail plug-ins are not officially supported by Apple, the API is technically undocumented, and there’s no guarantee the API won’t change without warning from version to version.

2 Likes

I use Mac Mail and I have got as far as Email Forwarding to x@mail.asana.com (emailing a task from Mac Mail to Asana) but it never gets to Asana. Can anyone help please!
I’ve been using Things and this feature is super helpful to make sure I pay bills on time etc. Would be awesome to have all in Asana!

You should create another thread, and explain what is going on (do you get an email from Asana with an error for example)