Asana Email Notifications of Completed Task Marked by Me Shows Another User's Name

Whenever I mark one of my tasks as done, I get an email notification with the status update however, the email ‘From’ field always list the same colleague’s name, for example 'Jane Smith via Asana no-reply@asana.com, rather than my name. I think this is b/c my colleague is the Owner of the Asana team. However, if another coworker marks my task as done, then the email ‘From’ field shows that coworker’s name. My coworker said he is experiencing the same thing where when he marks a task, the email shows it’s coming from our colleague.

Maybe they created a contact for that Asana address along with their name? I have seen this before, outside of Asana, and I believe it was linked to Gmail or the contact manager in charge…

Hi @Thuy_Tran, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

Activity notifications are only sent out for actions and changes performed by others; you will not receive a notification for actions you perform yourself. In order to investigate this further, could you please send me a screenshot of the notification you are receiving? You can send me the screenshot via DM by clicking my name in this thread.

Looking forward to your reply!