Asana CSV Import

Im extremely disappointed in the new changes to the CSV import. It has made adding a large list of tasks into an existing project very complicated. Also your training link is broken now.

1 Like

Does this link work for you?

1 Like

Hello Jerod,

Thanks for the link! It seems like the new UI has added a lot of additional work for me.
Field mapping feels terribly clunky.

2 Likes

It is definitely a new feel but once you digest the changes I think you will find that the auto-mapping is actually quite useful!. Be sure to add any Custom Fields to your project before starting the import. I would also recommend to name the columns in your CSV the same as they are named within Asana. After taking these 2 steps I have found that a vast majority of the time I don’t have to make a single change and can begin importing right after browsing in the file. Let me know if you have specific questions I can help with. Hope you enjoy it!

Hi all. I’m glad others have identified issues with the new CSV Import. I didn’t find this thread or the Guide page particularly helpful in resolving the issue that I am having. Here is my question:

When you import, how do you prevent sections from being added alphabetically rather than the order they are listed?!

I’m going mad trying to upload the next quarter’s projects! I already had to unexpectedly rework my established CSV Import Spreadsheets, hunt down info on how to get my sections back, and now I run into this. Needless to say, I’m not very happy about this update.

2 Likes