As a user I would like to be able to pick and choose what fields I want as the default when adding/creating a new task

• I manage several projects at the same time, which I use tags to identify the project or similar tasks and colour code them, so at a glance, when I use the My Tasks section, I sort by due date and I start at the top and work my way down, but seeing the tags, helps me to visually quantify where my focus should be on any given day.
  • At present, adding tags is not a default field when adding/creating a task, which I have to use Tab + T or navigate to the Add Tag section to add the Tag field.
  • This is tiresome after a while especially if I create a lot of new tasks in one day and just wished that it was there by default or I can add any fields that I think is important to be a default field when creating a task.
  • You could create a custom field and then apply it to every project etc. but they won’t work like the tag function and will be time-consuming to do.

Hi @Jason_Ali,

You can save Tags in your default view! Check out how you can do this in the following article, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any follow-up questions :slight_smile:

Hi @Marie,

Thanks for this, but this is what I do at present as a work around, but I use Asana mostly on the app, which you do not have a default field for tags and also in this view image and that is what makes it annoying. If you can have it as an option to add as a default column in this view How to use Asana, Asana tutorials, onboarding tips, and team use cases | Product guide • Asana Product Guide, why omit it on mobile and in the card view. Does not make sense to me from a product development perspective. It is either you give the option for all views or none.

Hi @Jason_Ali and thanks for the swift reply! When you’re saving a view on the web, it automatically applies to the mobile app too!

From what I see in your screenshot, you’re creating tasks from your My Tasks. The explanation I gave you above applies to Projects, but not to my Tasks. I would recommend adding your vote to this thread which covers specifically this topic: Need ability to set Tags via Quick Add Task

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions!

@Marie, this is exactly what I am talking about and have just voted for it. Thanks.

1 Like