As a user i want to have opportunity to look at 5 more old comments

Hey!
Now, if the task had a lot of comments, i can see the last 3 and the command “xx more comments” - show all the comments for the task.
Is it possible to add one more command - something like “5 more comments”?

So it will be:

Someone created this task. 1 July

XX more comments (all) (Command - XX is the quantity of hided comments)

5 more last comments

Reason: it is not comfortable when you see the last 3 comments, but you need to check the 4th comment from the end (or 5th, or 6th) and the total comments quantity is huge. If you click to show all other - it will be long history and positionong on the first one in it. I have to scroll to the end.

What do you think?

Hi @Nikita_Popov and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us! Quite a few users have expressed to see more (or all) comments by default (see Expand All Comments by default), but from what I understand, you’d just like to increase default visible comments from 3 to 5. To be completely transparent, I don’t believe this is in our near term plans, but it could indeed be a great first step toward improving comments visibility! I’ll be sure to keep you posted on this thread as soon as I have some update on my end!

Have a great Monday :slight_smile:

@Marie, hi!
Not correct :slight_smile:
3 comments by default is ok. I am confused about another thing. Try to explain:
Imagine, that you have task with 100 coments. You enter it and see the last 3, correct?
But, you want to see the 4th/5th/8th/10th comment from the end (it doesn`t matter what will be the number in order). To see that comment - you have to expand all the history - all the 100 comments and scroll it down untill your needed comment, right?

It will be cool to add one more command: “Expand 5 more last comments”.
So, if you click it, the situation will be:
You will have the 3 last comments by default and 5 more comments will be added (shown) upper - so you will see the 8 last comments. If you click once again - you will see 13 comment, then 18, 23…98, 100. In that way :wink:

It is analog for “Show more results…” in search systems, online shops, etc. (see DuckDuckGo for example - at the end of the page with search results you will see such a button).

comments

Got it @Nikita_Popov!! Thank you so much for the additional details and screenshots, that’s super useful! :+1:t3:

1 Like