Arg! accidentally hitting escape button deletes a task

tasks
quickadd

Well, that was not great. I created a pretty long task, accidentally hit the ‘esc’ button and then the task was gone - nowhere to be found or recovered. That was at least five min lost and info that I will have to re-create, taking me away from other priorities.

I’d like to propose to the Product team that there at least be a “are you sure?” gate before just getting rid of the task.

Thanks!
Ash

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry about the troubles @Ash_Klein

Just wanted to clarify whether this is happening when creating a task directly in a Project or where you perhaps using the Quick add function (+)?

I’ve tried to reproduce the issue on my end, and I am seeing the following:

1. When I created a new task from the quick add (+) button and I hit the esc key on my keyboard the right task pane disappears from my view, but the task is still visible.

Did you perhaps try to search for the task to see if it was in fact deleted? Learn more here: (https://asana.com/guide/help/fundamentals/search)

1. When I created a new task from the project level and I hit the esc key on my keyboard there is a prompt message stating the following: (see screenshot)

I look forward to your reply!