Are there any benefits to using a member seat for an 'Admin' profile?

Hi - My organisation regularly needs to use templates, but we have realised the owner of the template is automatically added to any new projects created from that template, which is not ideal for us. We already have an ‘admin’ email address for our company and thought we might assign one of our seats to this email address, so that all templates could be owned by this admin function, rather than an actual person. I wondered if there might be other benefits to doing this, as we can’t really justify using a seat for an admin profile for this purpose alone - has anyone else ever used a seat for an admin profile? Thanks!

Hi @Ashleigh_Dawkins, welcome to the forum!

If the template is shared across the company, you can remove the current Project Owner from your template and then it won’t be automatically added to future projects. You can also make sure that this user is not follower or assignee of the tasks to make sure is not added to the new projects. By doing so, you won’t need to add a new member to become project owner of the template.

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 16.21.46

I hope this workaround helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Emily, thanks so much for your help with this, I really appreciate it!

1 Like