Are messages sent/replied to between team members visible to wider organization? Warning displays in IOS app but not when web based

Hi, this is my first time posting to this forum.

My colleague and I have been using Asana for a few years to co-ordinate a job share - it has revolutionized how we work and improved our efficiency (thanks for such a great product!)

We had previously used conversations to record handover info to share, but without a specific task attached. With the change from Conversations to messages, there is a warning displaying (only on the IOS app, not on the web based version) that the message is “visible to everyone in our workplace domain” this is despite sending the message to my colleague only.

We’d appreciate any advice on how to separate specific, direct messages from wider circulation.

Why are the warnings different on the different platforms?

If the message forum is public within our organization, how to do we safely relocate these messages to a more secure location within Asana?
Thanks!

Hi @Meg_Marmo, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! If you send a message only to your colleague, it shouldn’t show as public to your Organization, is the message part of a project or team? do you have the option to make it private? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply @Emily_Roman - messages were sent to colleague (and historic “conversations” have been converted to messages), within a private team, but this warning appears on all messages in the mobile app. Can’t see any other option to make it private but have tested with colleagues and we THINK that the message is private.

Thanks for getting back to me, @Meg_Marmo! In order to confirm if the message is private and the reason why you are seeing that message in your mobile app, I recommend you to contact our support team and send them the URL of the message: How to contact our Support Team ✉. Unfortunately I don’t have the tools in the forum to confirm this information but they will be able to give you a tailored answer to this question!