Archived Project Tasks now showing up in My Tasks

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Tasks from archived projects (incomplete) are now showing in the My Tasks list. They arrived in a recent update.

Steps to reproduce:
Archive a project with incomplete tasks. Go to My Tasks. Archived project tasks appear.

Browser version:
Chrome Mac - Version 91.0.4472.77

Upload screenshots below:

I tried and don’t reproduce :s

Hi Bastien,

Dropbox link to image.

It only started recently. Tried different browsers and different computers, same problem on all.

I also have clients with other sorting related issues and assumed they all have the same root cause.

Let me know if you need more info.

kind regards, Chris

Oh I understand: “your” bug is that tasks from projects archived DO show up and you believe they should not show up? That’s is actually expected behavior. A task that is assigned stays assigned. @Rebecca_McGrath will be able to confirm.

1 Like

" That’s is actually expected behaviour."

Recent behaviour, it didn’t used to be like this. It’s bad behaviour :frowning:

Looking forward to a confirmation from Rebecca.

2 Likes

Actually as far as I remember, you were always staying assigned on an archived project :man_shrugging: @lpb @Phil_Seeman @Rashad_Issa @LEGGO @Julien_RENAUD does that ring a bell?

3 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman yes, it has always worked this way. See below. The top example is My Tasks which isn’t migrated to V2 where the bottom example is a demo space that has been migrated to V2. Both show the task even though the task exists in an archived project.

Task within an archived project under My Tasks V1 shown above

Task within an archived project under My Tasks V2 shown above

4 Likes

Hi @Chris24, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

As mentioned by Bastien and Jerod, I can confirm that this is indeed expected behaviour and not a bug :slight_smile:

I hope this helps clarify!

1 Like

Sorry I was late to the party. Glad to see it has been picked as well by @LEGGO & @Rebecca_McGrath :clap:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.