Allowing for duplicating of Project Templates 2.0

I am loving Project Templates 2.0 but one thing I wish it had so far while using has been the ability to duplicate a project template. My team uses an Asana project template for onboarding and I want to make another onboarding project template for another type of position, but I don’t want to start from scratch and would much rather copy an existing template I already have.

I know the workaround is me creating a project from an existing template and then making that newly created project a template itself, but that won’t preserve the relative start and end dates I’ve defined and these projects have lots of tasks in them. I’d rather not have to go task by task and redo these.

Thanks!

6 Likes

@pdmcdermott be sure to upvote your own idea :wink:

Asana launches an MVP (minimum viable product) first then adds functionality over time so I would bet this comes quickly.

Thanks for the feedback, @pdmcdermott1 I’ll be sure to pass this on to our Product team!

This would make my life so much easier…thanks for the suggestion, @pdmcdermott!!

1 Like

totally agree - we have similar but different project with she same “skeletal backbone” - this feature is a must!