Allow URLs as attachments (e.g. Google Drive + links to youtube videos)

hmp, somehow im not getting it

That’s strange that it works for me. I’m in Chrome, but not sure that makes a difference.

ya here chrome too 
 i have a free account yet, maybe thats why

Ah, could be that.

Doesn’t work for me also. I’m on Chrome and also Premium acc.

1 Like

@Frank_H you should add “Bug” at the beginning of the thread name because it looks like a bug given the testimonies

It works well for me (Asana Premium, List Project)

The screenshot below is either powered by 3rd party extension, or something Asana added as experimental feature to select set of users, since it is not widely available.

I do hope that Asana will go Slack way, develop basic unfurling and then allow Asana Apps to provide custom unfurling templates/cards. It would be best to have Asana Apps to be compatible with Slack API, that would help grow the ecosystem with apps that already exist for Slack.

3 Likes

Hey Neyl, can you send a screen shot please? Is it working with YouTube or other videos? Thanks.

The ability to embed videos would be useful. Is there a way to do this? Pasting in the URL does not appear to work.

1 Like

for me it still won’t work 
 maybe for those for whom it won’t works they have not installed a plugin that others unknowingly installed, or the browser settings eliminate embedded video player or something else is going wrong in the background, dividing the users in “can have video player” and “can not have video player” groups.
Maybe a Asana developer can have a check & solve. Video player would be just cool to have.

Hi p11, I don’t know how to explain, but stoped working here
 no embed videos now :frowning:

Is there an update on this? It does not work for me either.

1 Like

For me it doesn’t work either :frowning:

Why this topic in “Tips and Tricks”? It’s never worked.

Hi folks, I’ve just moved this thread to the #productfeedback category to allow you to vote for this feature request! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Strongly agree.

I’d love to have this feature!

How can I get the drive link for youtube videos
?

I and many people I work with would love to see the URLs previews implemented!

I have a great experience with this from Jira, where when you paste a Drive link you get to choose how do you want to display it in the comment, and IMO it’s the perfect way to deal with this issue:

2 Likes