Allow to create project from Templates on Mobile

Thanks Alexis! Is there a way to put this into the dev queue for a release since I would think it would strongly enhance the user experience. Any way i can help to escalate to put into dev?

Hey @jerome_hromiak; Michael from Asana here.

I suggest taking a look in our #productfeedback category to see if this. Our mobile team is always working on improving our app so your feedback is important to us. If there is no post asking for the ability to copy Projects/Templates in our App, then I definitely encourage you to do so!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Bump! same issue, any resolve on this?

Thanks,

1 Like

How does a user duplicate a template in the desktop/browser version? Is this possible without creating a project from a template then saving as a new template?

Kind regards,
Gerald

All these years later… I don’t understand how this still isn’t an available option!

2 Likes

My laptop died and I decided to purchase an iPad Pro as a computer replacement - I’m an artist and work in the arts nonprofit sector. I spent a significant amount of time creating task templates in the browser version and now that time invested feels obsolete. Please, please, please, find a way to add some code to the app so that we can use our task templates in the app version. Especially considering I’m not even able to access the web browser version of Asana on my tablet - as it redirects you to open the app without any other options.

5 Likes

Hi Asana, I think it’s really important that you expand the Asana App (mobile) by allowing users to create tasks and projects from a defined template, as is possible to do using the Desktop App or from browser. We have already received this feedback also from some our customers. Please take care of that.
Ivan Piani
ecomunicare.ch

1 Like

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Ivan_Piani :wave:
Thank you for sharing your feedback :slight_smile: I have merged your request with an existing one. Don‘t forget to upvote.

This would be very helpful for myself and my team. Sometimes I can’t get to a desktop or laptop, so being able to add tasks from my template would be amazing.

Touring musician, here. We are on the go constantly and really need this feature to expand to the iOS app. Any update?

1 Like

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Jaimee_Harris!
I agree this would be very useful.
Asana does have a public roadmap, however, they always monitor all product feedback requests so hoping that this will be implemented soon :slight_smile:

Really need the task template on mobile. Android in our case.

1 Like

Why is this still not available in mobile? It’s 2023 for crying out loud. Who works on a desktop anymore? Nobody. Everyone’s on either iPad or their phones.

2 Likes

Has this been prioritized yet? Seems like a small ask over the last 5 years to not be completed.

2 Likes

This would be a really useful feature for mobile.

1 Like

Agreed, how is this not a feature yet 5 years later? This makes Asana useless when I’m traveling. Does Monday have mobile template functionality?

1 Like

Any idea how soon? We really need this feature to make Asana useful to us. I do not want to migrate to another platform but have to seriously consider it.

Almost all of our task are created from templates and I can’t use templates when mobile. This makes Asana useless when I am traveling.

I tried to get around this by accessing the desktop app on my iPad in order to create Asana template task but using Asana on a web app is also disabled on the iPad.

1 Like

Exactly

Still waiting…

1 Like

How is this still not a thing 5 years later? You say my iPad has to use the app, but it doesn’t have templates, but I can’t use the browser version because it’s unsupported. Don’t force users to use an app that doesn’t work.

2 Likes