Allow Private Comments

Hi @Thomas_D, thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please tag me, once an update is live, as I also was wondering if this is possible (as personal notes). Thank you

1 Like

Adding my vote for this one – this would be the last nudge my company needs to fully transition off of ZenDesk, where we can keep certain comments internal and non-client facing.

Would love to know if there’s an update on this feature as I see it’s gained quite a bit of votes! :pray:

2 Likes

Why is this still not implimented by Asana? it was originally suggested in 2017??? it’s 2022. We still need this. We have clients see some projects and we don’t want to have to duplicate tasks for them to simply not see comments that are meant solely for internal needs.

This NEEDS to be a new feature.

4 Likes

This is a very necessary feature. One that my marketing agency has to consider as a deal breaker for continuing our use of Asana. Everything that we do is passed to the client and it’s much easier when we can hide all the unnecessary comments and back and forth we’ve had internally.

2 Likes

I would also love this feature! My team is moving away from ZenDesk, but we need the ability to communicate internally before we deliver to clients and other teams within the organization.

Same here. Would be very useful for our team!

1 Like

We would love to see this feature getting implemented. This would improve our projectmanagement and internal team communication a lot!

1 Like

It’s astounding to me that few project management tools support this. From what I have seen, none of Basecamp, ClickUp, or Jira support this adequately. Productive.io does, I believe. This is essential for offering transparency to clients without showing them how the sausage is made, so to speak.

1 Like

I was hoping to onboard Asana at my new company as I’ve had a good experience with it previously, but one of the main needs was this feature, so I am surprised to see it hasn’t been prio’d here yet. We are currently implementing guideCX and while the UI isn’t up to par with Asana (IMO), they do have this feature.

Hey,

We are looking for this feature too. I have boards that clients and team members use daily. The client needs to see progress but not the day-to-day comments by the teams solving the issues.

3 Likes

I loved this feature in JIRA and miss it so much now that my new company uses Asana. We have to leave Asana and discuss in Teams then head back to Asana to deliver design assets. This is frustrating because it reduces visibility for the internal team and continuity overall. Please prioritize this feature!

Voting as well as adding my voice to the chorus here. My IT team uses Asana as our helpdesk ticketing system and while it mostly works beautifully, not having a way to make internal/private comments on tasks is a significant drawback.

We are a service agency, managing complex projects for our clients. We need them to be able to participate in our project boards without seeing all of our internal conversations on tasks – only if they are @ mentioned to alert them that the task is ready for review, or that we need an answer on something. We are currently having to kick up a second “mirror” board for each project so that the client has some visibility into the workflow, planning, etc. but it is a NIGHTMARE to manage. When will this feature be considered? Thank you.

We are a service agency, managing complex projects for our clients. We need them to be able to participate in our project boards without seeing all of our internal conversations on tasks – only if they are @ mentioned to alert them that the task is ready for review, or that we need an answer on something. We are currently having to kick up a second “mirror” board for each project so that the client has some visibility into the workflow, planning, etc. but it is a NIGHTMARE to manage. When will this feature be considered? Thank you.

Hi @anon63072372

I’ve found a similar product feedback request that already exists: Allow Private Comments.

I have merged your request with this existing request. Be sure to up-vote the topic.

FYI that link brings you back here. Was a bit confusing.

@ham – this occus when similar posts are merged. It is generally noted somewhere that it happened. I believe this is what happened in this case, but the notation doesn"t exist.

1 Like

100% it does.

We use Slack for comments that we don’t think should be visible to guests. And every time we use Slack for that, I realize how much needed this functionality is.

2 Likes