Allow Private Comments

Possibly my top benefit of www.teamwork.com

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to see this feature as well. Adding my +1

Agree that would be very helpful, the feature is definitely missing today
@Rick_Dolishny do you like working with teamwork.com?

1 Like

Adding another vote for this feature here. Asana folks, are you listening? This would be a game-changer!

1 Like

So very strange how many requests for this feature I have come across, but no movement or response by Asana. This is a killer feature.

6 Likes

Iā€™d love this feature in order to record ideas ahead of a brainstorming meeting without creating first-response bias. Right now I resort to a notepad app, which defeats the purpose of Asana!

I might need to check out teamwork.com unless this feature is added.

1 Like

I think it may be XY problem. All we need is somehow do personal note to task. I think the same function can be realized by personal notes to task. May be it will be easier to do for Asana team.

1 Like

When commenting on a task, it would be helpful to be able include/exclude specific collaborators from the overall tasks. Currently to do this, we have to remove collaborators, add the note, and then add them back.

1 Like

Also here, the ability to create private comments would be great. So that you can communicate internal on active tasks without notifying an external client.

3 Likes

Plus one for this feature! Itā€™d be very handy to make a task visible to someone on a calendar without them being able to see all of the comments prior to it being added to the project.

1 Like

I need this feature as well. Could be a game changer for us :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes please!

This one would be very useful.

We definitely need this feature! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Tossed a vote in. Excited to bring clients onto Asana to organize our priorities and tasks. Need our engineering team to participate on the same tickets (so we donā€™t have to have duplicate tasks one for internal communication vs. external client communication) that our clients can see, but allow their comments to be visible to only our organization, not external users. Hoping Asana will see the value here as exposure of clients to Asana should lead to future sales! :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to add a vote here with a totally different use-case (not client facing).

I think transparency of priorities is very important. I would love to have a public board so everyone knew what I was working on at all times. The problem is some of my work is sensitive, and some of it is not. The name of the work is never sensitive ā€“ people should generally be able to know what Iā€™m doing ā€“ but the details often are.

My solution now is to keep all my priorities hidden on a private board, but it would be better if everyone could see the titles, but not the information in the cards.

@Justine_D,

Have you considered this approach:

Itā€™s not ideal in that, if you have private info for a task youā€™d have to store it in another task. But otherwise, with this approach, you could make your project public by default and only hide the private info.

Larry

1 Like

Yeah, this is a much-needed feature. My clients donā€™t need to see the details in the task, they should only see the name and maybe the task status.

We are about to move away from Asana if this feature wonā€™t get in soon.
We will have to get a tool which will allow our clients to join itā€¦ without having this ability, of internal and external controls we wonā€™t be able to add our clients to their projects :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi,

I think it makes sense (at least for us) to have an option ā€œinternal commentsā€ in Asana tasks.

Reason; we work a lot with customers on our projects and sometimes we have a task (where the customer is a collaborator) and we need to discuss something internally about that specific task. The way forward is to create a follow-up task but this creates a task about a task and so in the end => less clarity.

How cool (and useful at the same time) should it be that there is an option to leave INTERNAL comments on a task. Meaning only your members can read this and will get notified, guests will not see this and will never receive a notification.

Let me know what you think.

2 Likes