Allow Compact mode to work with subtasks

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
The Compact Mode (My profile settings…Display) only works with the task list on the left. Once you click on a task, and the right pane opens up with the task description and sub-tasks, those sub-tasks are not displayed in a compact way (and waste a lot of white space)
Steps to reproduce:
Click on any task with sub-tasks, and/or create sub-tasks for an existing task
Browser version:
Latest Chrome on Mac as of 5 July 2019
Upload screenshots below:

Hi @David_Pinkus and welcome to the Forum!

I believe this is an expected behaviour since the guide article covering Compact Mode specifiy:
Enable compact mode - reduces the line breaks between tasks in the main pane”

With that said I agree it would be nice to have with subtasks so I’ve moved your post to #productfeedback category to encourage other users to vote for it!

1 Like

I appreciate you moving the request, and I don’t want to seem ungrateful, but just because something is documented to behave as expected doesn’t mean it’s not a bug or defect. There are myriads of design bugs in software that just need to go into the Product Manager (PdM) or UI/UX queue and be marked as such. It’s unfair to engineers, that they’re the only ones assigned bugs. If a PdM makes a design/feature mistake, they should have that bug assigned and have to redesign the feature accordingly and give it to the engineers to fix.

I don’t mean this to come across as a rant, but the narrow definition of bugs as something only engineers are responsible for is a disservice to everybody in software development. And I obviously think what I reported is a design bug; it makes no sense in any conceivable scenario to have a display flag for a widget but limit that behavior to only one instance of that widget. Either apply it globally or add an additional flag option. :slight_smile:

1 Like