Adding tasks in App

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Two issues:

1. I cannot add a new task when in Inbox in my Android app, it adds a message. I therefore have to go to My tasks and there I can add a new task. Not handy.

2. When replying in tasks to a user who’s user name is more than one work and separated by SPACE, cursor jumps back in front of “@” and the user name is not highlighted anymore.

Browser version: 6.77.7

Hi @MD13, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

It is currently expected behaviour that when in Inbox on the mobile app, you will see a + button to add a message. Likewise, when in My Tasks, you will see a + button to add a task and when in Home you can add projects or portfolios.

When @ mentioning users, simply type @ and the first part of the user’s name. A selection of their name/icon will pop up for you to choose and this will tag the user. There’s no need to type the users full name.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your reply.

1. It is currently expected behaviour that when in Inbox on the mobile app, you will see a + button to add a message. Likewise, when in My Tasks, you will see a + button to add a task and when in Home you can add projects or portfolios.
    => Did you perform any checks to make this an expected behaviour?
    Did you check how many user send a message and how many users create a task from the app?
    As I and all of my colleagues definitely create tasks and this is adds unnecessary step to the process. Please consider to optimize.

2. When @ mentioning users, simply type @ and the first part of the user’s name. A selection of their name/icon will pop up for you to choose and this will tag the user. There’s no need to type the users full name.
    => This is obvious. What I was trying to explain is that when you type @ and choose the person from the list, once chosen the cursor will automatically jump to in front of @ and the name won’t be anymore highlighted in blue, it will go black and user won’t be notified if you proceed.
    Happens mostly when user names are more than 1 word.
    This is happening for a long time and we all experience it. Very bothersome.

Hi @MD13, thanks for following up.

To clarify, when I say this is expected behaviour, I mean that this is how the feature was intentionally built by our Product and it is not a bug.

Regarding the tagging issue, could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app to see if this resolves the issue? I am unable to reproduce this on my own device.

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Perhaps worth giving it a thought. It would be more user friendly in my opinion, why not check which option is being used more -t to create messages or to create tasks.

2. Try this.
    Go on a task in which you are a collaborator, but which is not assigned to you.
    When in task, don’t click on the field when you can type text, but click directly on @ to direct your reply to a collaborator.
    Choose a collaborator, once chosen you will have to click on the filed to start typing.
    And at that very moment the cursor jumps in front of @ and the name of collaborator which what highlighted (in blue) becomes black and is not more highlighted - the collaborator won’t be notified.
    If you click inside the text field before you will choose the collaborator from the list (@ + choose the name from the list) this won’t happen and all works fine.

I will upload a few screenshots for your perusal.

My Asana version is: 7.77.7 Android. Last updated 23-07-2021.

Have to post again, as new users can only add one image per post. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.