Adding historical notes to a new request/form

Is there a way to add a notes database to a task or form submission? In other words, if we get a request to do work by way of a form submission, is there a way to a automatically attach notes from a database maintained in asana on that task? In other words, if a form submission came in for customer X, can we see detailed notes about the work we have done for customer X in the past?

Hi,

Not natively with Asana. What we do at my company is that we automated Asana in many ways, one of those ways was to have information copied from a main task to other tasks. Reminds me of this. Anyway, I believe you’ll need custom automation for this use case, let me know if you want to discuss specifics!

Welcome, @Spencer_Thornton,

A more “Asana-thinking” way to consider your request could be to have a project called Customer X and multi-home (add to project) each form submission/task for Customer X to that project.

The Customer X project then serves as a kind of basic CRM; all the history of work for Customer X is found there, so when you want to see the history, just click on the Customer X project pill found either in the Projects column in List View or the Task Detail right-pane area near Projects.

Hope that helps,

Larry

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.