Adding a Map/Location feature to "field" when building a board

Make it so when adding a field there is a locations option. When you add the locations field you should start typing an address and have it powered by google or someone similar so it gives you an exact address.

5 Likes

That would quite nice indeed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, can we please get this feature? Would be very helpful like an adress where the project is or if you want to assigne a person the project’s adress.

2 Likes

This would be huge and move Asana into the business management software solutions.

1 Like

Hi @anon28983791 , great suggestion, you have my vote! However, I’ve used the below workaround with some clients so far, although I admit it is not exactly what you are voting for…

If you are on a Premium or Business plan, you can create a text-type custom field in which you can input a link to Google Maps, whilst also having another text field for the actual address/location.
By clicking on the ‘Visit Link’ icon, it will open up the location in Google Maps💡

If you use the Board view, it will still show up on the task’s card but it will not be clickable (so best to just hide the Google Maps field - just leave the address/location text field if you want it visible). You will need to click on the task’s card to enter the Task Details panel and open the Google Maps link from there.

To get the link from Google Maps, search for the address, click the ‘Share’ button, click ‘Copy Link’ and paste it into your relevant custom field in Asana :wink:

1 Like

This would be terrific. I would like to be able to see points of where all of my projects are located on a Google Maps integration. Many other PM apps have this map view. Thank

The ability to enter an address field and that places a pin onto a map tab (potentially google earth .kmz export). Show all pins within a project.

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @George_Stephens!

I have merged your post into an existing feedback request thread. Don’t forget to upvote there.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

There’s a new integration for Asana called Task Map that adds a location field to your tasks and allows you to view them together on a map. The location field auto-populates with results from Google Maps. Check it out here:

1 Like