Added into a community that I shouldn't be in. Help!

Can someone tell me how I can be removed from a community? I never signed up to be a part of a community on Asana, I only looked into the site to learn more about their services, and asked to watch a webinar. Now I receive emails all day long of people’s project updates and questions, and I’m not even part of their business. I don’t know how this happened. How can I be removed completely?

Hi @rachel.patterson. Bizarre! That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of this.

Have you tried contacting Asana support?

I did, but they wrote me an email saying to try and solve it myself using the community board. :expressionless:

See image attached (if possible).

When you signed up for the webinar you were likely added to a test team. Then you received email alerts for the tasks/projects that were worked on during the webinar as it was happening.

Are you still receiving emails? Once the webinar concludes, they typically purge the team.

2 Likes

Hi @rachel.patterson - we’re sorry to hear you’re finding these notifications frustrating. If you’d like to delete your Asana account altogether please send me a message and I’ll escalate the issue to members of our support team. If you’d like to simply silence the emails, you can do so by updating your notification settings:

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the help.

Hi Alexis,

Yes, please delete my account. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @rachel.patterson,

We’re happy to assist with your request! While we’re unable to delete your account, I’ve included resources below, to empower you to deactivate your account.

Please review this section of the Asana Guide for more details on how to deactivate your account: How to Control Your Profile Settings in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

This action is irreversible. Deactivating your account will not delete a Workspace or Organization.

Remember: you have an individual Asana account that you can use to join shared Organizations or Workspaces. Deactivate your account if you definitely will not use Asana ever again.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

1 Like