Add User with Same Domain as Guest

Hello Asanas!

We are an organization under the free plan and my team is on premium plan. I wanted to add another user only as guest. But he is in the same organization. Is this possible?

Organization membership is based on the email domain associated with the organization. Anyone that joins the Asana organization associated with @company.com with an @company.com email address, for example, will be a full member, and not a guest. So in this case, your colleague will be a full member (with all the benefits!), and can not be designated as a guest.

1 Like

I guess we have no choice. Either we add him in the team (and pay for his seat), or we’ll just add him to some projects directly.

Are you already at your max on your current plan seats, which are in 5 person increments? If not adding them as a full member will not change your billing rate.

If it were possible to add a guest with the Organization email domain for free, they would never sell more than the 5 user plan.

If they have a separate email address (with a different domain), you could invite them to the Team using that email address instead of their organization email address.

We want to be able to add co-workers with the same email domain as guests, instead of counting against our number of users. Currently, product functionality only allows outside emails to be added as guests.

Our non-profit marketing team is small, only 3 people. We’ve started using Asana to track all marketing requests from other departments and programs. As a non-profit, we have limited number of users due to budgetary concerns. A great deal of our staff works with animals/the public primarily, and wouldn’t have a need for Asana as a user.

However, there is benefit to having staff that submits requests to be able to check-in/track the progress of their request, without coming to our marketing team to always follow-up.

Additionally, adding hourly employees’ personal emails to Asana could create concern for HR.

Currently we don’t have any workarounds, other than letting employees follow-up with us in-person or via email. This can be time-consuming and distracting.