"Add to project" shortcut is actually moving to a project

Hi there,
I just noticed that a task disappeared from my project after I used the TAB + P shortcut for “Add to Project”.

It is correctly added to another project when I select the menu entry manually.
But when I use the shortcut, it gets moved to that project, removing it from the current one.

As a workaround I’m using the “edit” and “add” buttons for now, which work as expected:
(sorry, new users can only add one image … )

IMHO it would be better to have that shortcut do what it says.
Maybe TAB+SHIFT+P could be used to “Move to Project”.

1 Like

Yikes! I’ve just tried it and mine did the same. Clicking on the + symbol adds the task to a second project, but Tab+P overwrites the current one, which is definitely not what happened before.

I’m assuming this is a result of the recent task pane update. @Michael_A, do you know if this is intentional, or maybe a bug?

Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for reaching out about this @BBJay & for linking me to this @Mark_Hudson

This definitely looks like a bug. I’ve logged this with our team to review and hope we’re able to resolve this soon! I’d be happy to update you both here once we’ve come up with a fix :slight_smile:

The workaround available at the moment is to manually use the + button by the Project affiliation to multi-home your Task in more than one Project. I’ve included a screenshot to guide you until this is fixed on our end.

Thanks again you two!

2 Likes

Holly molly that is bad :scream: :sweat_smile:

Can I be notified too about this. Just moved to asana from trello and this functionality is key for my workflow. Thanks

Are there any updates on this bug fix?

+1 for fixing this - hoping it can be soon!

Really hoping this gets fixed soon. It’s a constant issue that slows me down considerably.

A better workaround is to use “Tab + P” to edit the current project and then use “Tab” to add a new project.

3 Likes

Hi @Madalyn_Gregory, welcome to the Community Forum!

I completely understand your point here. As @Bastien_Siebman mentioned, you can press Tab + P on your keyboard to focus on the “add to project section”. Although we don’t have any immediate changes for this now, our team is aware of this and I have also sent your feedback to be considered in future updates.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I’d be more than happy to help :wink: Have a great day!

1 Like

Somewhat big deal to me as well, try to go mouse-less as much as possible. Thanks!