Add time indicator to Do not Disturb feature

The new DnD feature is great but it would be even better if colleagues knew when you’ll be available again - something similar to the vacation indicator. Or even combining the two and simply allowing users to be shown as away for shorter periods than a full day would make sense.

Thanks for sharing @Alison_O_Byrne, I :100: agree this would be useful! Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future :crossed_fingers:t3: I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end :slight_smile:

Hello,

Your away message is limited in usage. It is great at telling users that someone is away, but then how do they know what to do next?

Please look into adding an option to provide an away message as well where you can indicate who will be providing coverage while you are away.

I also dislike that we can’t choose specific times for our away message. Many times we are taking time off for just half the day. It is also much more effective to set away message at the end of your last working day instead of the first day you are out. If anyone sends work after hours on your last working day, they have no way to know you are out unless you happen to just choose Away without dates at the end of your last working day. It is easier to set it up ahead of time so you aren’t rushing to get everything done at 5 pm on your last day.

Hi @Andrew_Griffin, thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us!

We already have a product feedback about this topic and I’ve gone ahead and merged your thread with the main request to centralize feedback. I hope you don’t mind!

I’ll make sure to keep you all updated as soon as I have news about this feature!

@Emily_Roman My topic was a bit different as I am strictly talking about Away mode, not Do Not Disturb.

I want to be able set exact start time and end time for Away message. Right now, I believe we can only choose full days which can easily cause a lot of work to be assigned to us the night before our vacation day because there is no away message set until I am guessing 12:01 a.m. on first day set for Away. In Outlook when we were going on vacation, I would plan ahead and set my away message to be sent out starting at 5:00 p.m. on my last working day. We have people in different time zones and that work much later, so work is coming in throughout the night.

Also, right now there is no Away message that you can set up to go along with your Away indicator… so you have to send separate emails or find different ways to let senders know who is covering for you while you are away. There should be an option to add a message that senders can see if they hover over your name if you have Away mode activated.