Add tasks to project by email doesn't work with auto forward rule

tasks
bug
email-to-task

I’m trying to set up a rule on my email if I get request from my business that certain emails will forward to Asana via the create tasks by email functionality.
Seems like if I forward a email manually the tasks get created but when I use an auto forward rule then the tasks don’t get created.

Is this a bug or a protective measure so an auto forward doesn’t flood the Asana API?

Is there any workarounds for this or a different solution?

Any help would be much appreciated :smiley:

Who is the sender of the email when you auto-forward? It has to be the email address specified in your Asana account configuration.

Bastien
Asana Certified Pro, consultant, author and developer

Hi @Bastien_Siebman,

It’s from the correctly set up email address. If I do a standard forward it works. But it seems if the forward is of type ‘AutoForwarded’ then the tasks don’t get created. That’s the only difference I can see at the moment.

Mihow

Do you get an email from Asana with an error or just nothing happens?

Unfortunately nothing happens :confused:

@Marie any advice?

Hello @Mihow! Can you DM me a screenshot of what you see in the FROM and TO field of your forwarded email? Also, can you let me know in your DM what Workspace/Organization + project you’re forwarding your email to?

Looking forward to your reply! @Bastien_Siebman will keep you posted, thanks for the mention!

DM sent!