Add Tags in Asana for Gmail

Please consider allowing tags to be added to new tasks in Asana for Gmail.

Offering a little more background on my use case here:

I use tags to implement a priority ranking for my “Next Actions” list (a la GTD). Almost all of my interaction with Asana is through my Next Actions list (a view that detects the priority tags) and my Upcoming list. Because of limitations in Asana search–it can’t handle boolean operators–the only way I have figured out how to mark tasks as belonging on the Next Actions list is to add a priority tag to them. If I can’t add tags in Gmail, I will have to go through manually and find those tasks again to tag them in the Asana app.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and to provide us with detailed context, this is extremely useful. Understanding your needs as a customer really allow us to make the best decision for the future of Asana. While I can’t promise if or when this will be implemented, we will definitely take your feedback onboard when we revisiting this add-on!

Have the option to add a tag to a task when making it from the gmail add on

Hello @Keestan_Willes
you might wanna upvote here as well Add Tags in Asana for Gmail

Alternatively I am thinking you might wanna create a special project where all the tasks from gmail go to and then a rule triggers and sets a specific value in a custom field and could also add the task to another project and further rules.

1 Like

In addition to Andrea’s suggestions, you can also use the Hashtag Automation feature of Flowsana to add tags to an incoming email-based task.

1 Like