Add Subtask collaborators automatically from parent task

As a reviewer of work for my team, it would be extremely helpful if subtasks created in tasks automatically added the collaborators from the parent task. Most users assume that collaborators on a task are getting notified about the subtasks as a default but that is not the case. Team members will often make updates to work in rounds as subtasks and forget to add collaborators, sometimes hours or days can go by without the realization that there is something waiting for review. I think it would be a better workflow to automatically add the task collaborators and then if the user wants to remove any of those for any reason they can do so.

Hi @Alan5 and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for explaining how this functionality would impact your workflow! To be honest, I don’t believe this is in our near-term plans, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I hear anything on my end. Friendly reminder to cast your vote on the thread by clicking in the vote button next to the title.

In the meantime, if you are on a plaid plan, I would recommend you to have a look at approvals. You might find it helpful.

Have a great day Alan!

1 Like