Add Saved Reports to Favorites

I’ve read a few forums, but no one seems to answer the question about how to add a saved search to your favorites list?

The saved searches aren’t as easy to find as projects, my tasks, etc. I would love to add my “reports” or saved searches to my Favorites so I can easily find them. Is it possible? If not, is it coming soon?

If it was possible, the little :star: would be next to the report’s title like it is for projects, people, tags, etc.

It’s never been too much of an issue for me because I don’t have many reports and they’re right under my favorites, but it still feels like a good suggestion given another shortcoming of the reports area is you can easily reorder items there like in the Favorites and Teams/Projects sections. I’d vote for it :).

@Marie can probably move this post to the product feedback section so people can vote for it.

1 Like

Hi @BenWille and @RyanE :wave:t3:

Apologies for the confusion, we have updated Saved Search to Saved Reports a while ago; you can now find all your “Saved Reports” right below your favorite projects! To learn more about it and see screenshots have a look at this handy article.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions :slight_smile: Happy Friday!

1 Like

Hi @Marie,

My point was you can’t favorite the report or order them within their section so was suggesting the post be in product feedback. Sorry for any confusion.

1 Like

Saving a report is very similar to “favoriting”. However you’re right, it’s not possible to reorder them under the “Reports” section; so I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread to the #productfeedback category!

3 Likes

Would love this too, it’s quite annoying that some of the thing I use regularly, are now a bit out of sight because of the standard saved reports (which IMO are just saved searches, but I guess corporates like the word “reports”. more?)

+1 here, a few of my reports are part of my daily / weekly review (for instance a list of tasks I’ve assigned to others that I am waiting on updates on), would be nice to incorporate towards the top of the left hand side menu.

+1 !

+1

+1 please! It’d be handy and logical to have all our go-to views/reports/tags/etc. under the same header. Having it underneath in a separate category is useful, but leaves a tiny amount of friction for having to think about which go-to section to… go to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Providing a way to favorite a report and move it around would be an awesome and appreciated tool.

+1 from me too (although I can see it’s low priority having only 17 votes)!

It has been confusing for me to figure out why I couldn’t do it because I’ve been closely following @rubzie 's interview from 2013 Springest uses Asana for GTD & productivity | Product guide • Asana Product Guide in setting up our GTD using Asana.

Now I know it’s not possible to do it the way it is in the video and why, at least I can stop searching :smiley:

As an aside, Ruben, it would be interesting to hear how you’re getting on by now and whether the GTD / Asana combo is still working great for Springest (maybe here’s not the venue for that conversation though! )

I saved an advanced search in order to view my team’s calendar without subtasks. I was able to rename the search but I can’t move it into my Favorites section. It would be great to have this option.

Hello @anon95707092!

Please check out my Forum Tip recently posted: 🔍 The difference between a Saved Search and a Favorite

It includes an explanation of the differences and a workaround that might be suitable for you. Hope this helps!!!

2 Likes

Thank you, @LEGGO. While I hope the product team considers a direct option to “favorite” saved searches, the workaround you suggested is a good option. Much appreciated.

1 Like