Add Quick Delete dialog box to delete fields and automatically delete the associated tasks

Hi. We have a 130 person organization and we complete approximately Asana 2,300 tasks per month as part of our standard work. We have a robust template and it is best to have one very long template as a start. We use fields to categorize tasks. We we start a new project, the user is instructed to sort by category and then delete categories that are not applicable. This saves them time because they don’t read tasks that don’t apply to them. The process of sorting and deleting is only done once or twice a year, so people forget how to do it. It would be better, IMHO, if Asana had a Quick Delete dialog box where you could check the fields you want deleted and it would automatically delete the tasks. This way a user could pare down a 1,500 task list to 50 applicable tasks in a matter of seconds. Make sense?

Hi @jlenhart, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

This is a great idea and I see how it can be useful for your workflow. I’ve gone ahead and sent your feedback to our team internally so it can be considered in future updates. I’ve also updated the title of this thread to make it more discoverable for other users. I hope you don’t mind!

As a workaround, I recommend you creating an advanced search report by the specific tasks you wish to delete, multi-select them and delete them all in bulk.

I’ll make sure to keep this thread updated if I have any news about this feature. Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like