Add description/note/comment to future recurring task

I have a variety of recurring tasks and I need to be able to make notes on future recurring tasks. For example I have a payroll recurring task and I want to make a note/comment/description on a future payroll to implement a raise. Is there a way to do access future recurring tasks to do this?

Welcome to the Forum @Mary_Stuessy and thank you for reaching out!

All fields (except task comments) are copied over when a recurring task copies itself, including subtasks.

One way to achieve this could be to add the notes in the description field of the Task or to create Subtasks to add the information you need.

I hope this helps but don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further assistancehttps://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/fields#gl-recurring-tasks

I understand all of that but I don’t want or need to notes to copy for every future recurrence. I need to make a note on one specific future occurrence. Is this possible?

Also, it would be nice to look at it from the calendar view and see all of the future recurrences. This way if I am planning my next couple of months I know what recurring items will be coming up and adjust my schedule and plans as needed.

1 Like

Thank you for the follow-up @Mary_Stuessy

As it stands this is not possible since new recurring tasks are only generated once the initial task is marked complete.

With that said, I would recommend you to have a look at the workaround provided by Katie in the following post: Recurring tasks in calendar view. You might find it useful.

I hope it helps Mary!

This is entirely unhelpful. I’ll likely be leaving Asana because of this lack of basic functionality.

Mary