Add custom fields to tasks that aren't in a project

I’d like all employees in my org to be sort their task by a custom field: urgency. Right now it seems custom fields are only available on tasks that are associated with a project. Is that true?

The hack is to assign a dummy project (call it “me” or something) to all one’s personal non-project related tasks, but this is annoying and complicated - a barrier to adoption in my company. Is there a way to assign custom fields to non-project tasks? If not, could you add this functionality?

I think there’s a similar request here, thought the intent was slightly different. Mods - feel free to merge if appropriate.

Yes, that’s the only hack. I also agree a feature should be build such that you can add a custom field to a task.

2 Likes

+1 this. I would like to have custom fields available for the “my tasks” view, to be able to sort by priority.

1 Like

+1 from me too. The context of Urgency v Importance is central to my workflow.
Thanks @Tyro

+1 here as well. It’s a real frustration that I can’t put my priority/custom field stuff on the My Tasks page. I tend to run my day from the my tasks view.

Hi,

I would like to use some of my custom fields (like Priority) also for “My Tasks” that are not part of a project.
In this way I am able to get a better overview of which are the most relevant tasks for today.

Why a task needs to be part of a project is not logical for me. Would be happy to see this feature coming soon!

Thanks!

Hi @RVL1984 and thank you so much for your feedback!

We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback . I hope that’s OK :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 - I’d find this very useful. As others have noted, urgency is different than importance.