Add an option to ALWAYS have the start date field turned on

I get there is a way to turn on the start date and end date feature, but if you have a bazillion tasks… this is a ton of clicking. It should be easy enough to opt for start dates to always be entered without clicking something to open that feature or field. Am I missing a way to do this?

One trick is to multi-select a bunch of tasks, choose a start date → then when you start editing each one, the field will be shown.

The same trick works well for the following: you want to schedule tasks for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in January 2030. If you do them one by one, you’ll have to reach 2030 every time, very cumbersome. But if you multi-select them, choose January 1st 2030 for all, then when you edit the second-third one, the calendar is already positioned on January 2030 and you just need to click the next day.

Am I clear? :thinking:

Yes that makes sense! Helpful to know. I’ll pass it along to my team.

1 Like

Can I create a rule that sets the start and end date of a task when I add it to a project (like a sprint project) that already has a start and end date set?

When I try to create the custom rule, it tells me the rule is already in place, and I can’t modify it. But it does not actually execute. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Hello @anon29650799, date-based rules only run at midnight so this might be the reason.
Unless you created the rule more than a day ago and it still has not triggered?

@anon54560339 and others,

Consider this just-released alternate way in Asana to set dates (and more) that may be another approach of interest (disclaimer: I’m the creator):

Thanks,

Larry