Add all project collaborators to a task

Hi @Alexis,

I appreciate the offered solution, though I still think having to duplicate the task is very time inefficient.

It feels like more key/mouse strokes than necessary. First I click on the template task, click on task options > copy, make sure “collaborators” is checked, then click copy. Then I have to go back into the newly copied task to edit it further.

What would be the best way to suggest Asana adds a new feature to simplify this? For example, if I could just type in the name of a project to the “add collaborators” section in a task, and that would automatically add all collaborators of a project as collaborators of that task.

Thanks so much!

@Alexis Or, as Julien suggested, a box we could check in a new task that says “add all project collaborators as collaborators of this task.”

2 Likes

Hi @Sam_P! I took the liberty of creating a new #productfeedback thread with your ideas. I encourage you to vote!

2 Likes

Hi everyone, wouldn’t it be nice if in any conversation, message or description, when somebody types @everyone, every member of the project gets tagged?

2 Likes

I think it would be useful, sort of like when you do an advanced search for reports. It would also be good to be able to @ the entire team and @ members in a project.

Hi Santiago and welcome to the forum! I’ve moved your suggestion to the Product Feedback category so others can vote on your feature idea. I also modified your title so others can easily find your suggestion. Good luck!

Katie

Hi @Marie
This topic is almost the same as the following one, thus maybe they should be merged:

1 Like

Thanks for the mention @Julien_RENAUD, all done!

1 Like

Is this feature available by now or what is the status of the development of this feature?

@Marie This is even needed. Any ideas? Still 4 years old

1 Like

Hi Sam_P, Santiago_Maya, Cyrill & OSTMOST :wave:

At iDO, with Astogi, we’ve created something that might help

This is an additional Asana tool that requires no third-party integrations.

Simply add the bot as a collaborator in a task and see how it adds all team/project members as collaborators to the task.

Here, take a look: Team Alias | iDO | Asana Solutions Partner

The beta version is free to use under a fair use policy.

Good luck to everyone trying it :wink:

P.S. @Bastien_Siebman @_Sander

1 Like