Add a + button next to subtask heading to create additional subtask

In list view, you can easily add a task to the top of a section by clicking the + button that appears to the right of the section name while hovering over/near it.

It would be great if this same + button appeared next to the subtasks heading while hovering over/near it so that you could add subtasks to the top of the subtask list, instead of relying on the ‘add subtask’ button at the bottom of the list.

Thanks!

Hi @csmith848, welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback!

Just to make sure I understand your request. You would like to have a Omnibutton (see screenshot below) in the task to be able to quickly add subtasks. This button would be different than the “Add subtask” button.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 10.24.22

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

Hi Emily!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Nope, not quite what I meant.

Just as you can add tasks to the top of a section by hovering over the section name and clicking the plus icon that appears, it would be great if the same plus button appeared while hovering over the subtasks heading that (when clicked) added subtasks to the top of the subtask list.

Please note that I’m not suggesting you replace the ‘+ Add subtask’ button, which adds subtasks to the bottom of the subtask list and is great, but rather give users the option to add subtasks to the top or bottom using the method I’m suggesting - when you have a long list of subtasks it is a pain to have to either add one to the bottom of the list and move it to the top or place your cursor at the start of the top-most subtask and hit return.

Thanks again!

2 Likes