About Dashboard deprecation

Hi @Patrick_Byrne and thanks for reaching out.
We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread. To learn more about the Progress tab latest updates, have a look at this article.

I don’t know if it helps anyone but to compensate for Dashboards going, I’ve set up a project to capture a lot of the same information. It’s pretty straightforward, with each task representing a project, the project owner and the start/due dates. I’ve added custom fields for things like project status (red, green or amber), development stage (in development or live), overall costs and time spent:

It requires a manual update from all project owners at the end of each month, but so did dashboards; instead of clicking on the Progress tab in their individual projects, everyone posts their updates in the this new project. So far, it’s capturing almost everything that we used to track through dashboards, apart from % complete, which was never really useful to us anyway.

I have this project automatically synced to Google Sheets, which then feeds into a Power BI report that turns it all into tables and charts for the management team.

I’m as disappointed as anyone about Dashboards going, but I’ve found a way around it, and hopefully some of you can do the same.

Asana for Nonprofits - Asana Nonprofit Discount now available!

How are you syncing a specific project to Google sheets without dashboard and without portfolios?

Hi @Kristian_Sekse

The Google sheet sync is something you have to request from Asana. Our customer success person was able to sort it out for us. It adds a ‘Sync to Google Sheets’ option to export for projects and advanced search reports:

Clicking that option gives you a shareable link, which you paste into a Google Sheet, and the data is imported and synced - the sync is almost instant in some of the tests I’ve done. It syncs all of the same information that you’d get from exporting as a CSV.

Something to bear in mind, however, is that Google Sync is an experimental and unsupported feature, so if it starts glitching, you’re pretty much on your own. It’s also truncated at 250 rows, so you wouldn’t be able to export an enormous project.

I’ve used it in a few instances and it’s proved essential. Worth checking it out if you want an automated option.

Hi @Kristian_Sekse; the sync with Google sheet feature that @Mark_Hudson is referring to is now only available with Portfolios. It is automatically available for all Portfolios and does not need to be enabled manually by our support team anymore!

If you don’t have access to Portfolios, I would recommend to check out this third-party integration

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the clarification, @Marie. :+1: