Hi all - my apologies if this is in the wrong thread but comments about the retirement of dashboards and, with it, the retirement of the Google Sheet integration from the Premium Asana plan, are somewhat all over the forum.
I did a comparison today on what new pieces of data are exporting to Google Sheets from my portfolios trial. When I contacted sales and asked if they are improving or changing the sheets integration they gave a somewhat vague “it’s better now!” answer. So if you are curious, here is what additional data points Portfolios exports to Google Sheets that dashboard did NOT export.
- All the columns of LIVE DATA that you got as part of Dashboard are still there
PLUS the following (per project obviously):
- Incomplete Sections (total #)
- Incomplete tasks in each section (each section its own column with a total # below it)
- Latest due date in each section (each section its own column with a single date below it)
- Incomplete tasks by assignee (each assignee gets a column with a total count)
- Tasks completed in the last week by assignee (each assignee gets a column - interestingly even deactivated users show up in their own column here)
The sheet still refreshes once an hour / the structure of it out of the box remains the same.
You could in theory build some reports on productivity now that you couldn’t before. if you have a quota for x number social media posts a week, or filling x number of orders with each order a task, that last column be helpful. In my world it’s pretty irrelevant if I finish 2 tasks this week and 10 next week - the tasks aren’t the same size of effort.
Thoughts on converting my dashboard to portfolio
I was using mostly vlookup type formulas to pull data from the LIVE FEED tab into other tabs in my Google workbook, such as our One Page Strategic Plan. So it wasn’t too bad to convert what I had to Portfolios because the project names themselves haven’t changed, and thus my vlookups still work. And yes…this is an annoying way to do this because if someone changes a project name in Asana I have to fix my lookups, but it doesn’t happen very often thankfully. Actually as I type this I’m thinking I should have done it by project URL as the vlookup field, not the project name (harder to double check you’re pulling the right data point as you go but more stable).
But Asana…seriously you are messing up this pricing change rollout
I have to STRONGLY agree with every single person on this thread and others. You are handling the rollout of this price change really poorly. I use a service called LastPass (wonderful - go try it!). When they changed their pricing structure, they gave me a whole YEAR of the old pricing before the new one kicked in. And that wasn’t even a 50% increase like you are doing from Premium > Business. And they didn’t take away features from me. And the messaged the hell out of that change.
I honestly don’t use the Google sheet often enough that I think I would double what we pay for Asana right now.