Ability to sort and filter Portfolio by multiple criteria

It would be great if you could order the portfolio by multiple columns rather than just one.

For example we have a priority column so it’s great to be able to order by that. But when we do it doesn’t order with the closest due date per priority to the top.

So it would be great to be able to order by priority and then by due date.

1 Like

I agree. I would like to be able to sort by priority and then due date (or vice versa) – pretty important when you are managing projects to get this more granular view.

2 Likes

Can I also throw in the ability to filter by Custom Fields (like within a Project) on top of being able to have multiple sorting conditions?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Please note that I have slightly edited the title of this thread to make it more discoverable to other users and reflective of your feedback :slight_smile:

Joining in here. I currently have our top team portfolio sorted by project owner, but I’d like to see the projects in alphabetical order… Is this possible somehow?

4 Likes

Definitely need this feature! Portfolios are getting more robust/useful all the time, but this would be a huge help!!

Hi! Following up to say, my team could really use this feature. It’s great to sort by category… but then we need each category sorted by date. Right now it’s messy, as the most urgent dates aren’t in order.

Do we know if this is something Asana has in the works or if there is another thread I should be following? @Marie

Adding my vote for secondary sort. Category + Date would be extremely useful, reducing the amount of time trying to keep it readable with manual sorting.

1 Like

Asana must add the capability to sort multiple fields in both the Portfolio and Project List view. It should not be necessary to export a CSV file and perform this basic data analysis functionality in another software solution.

This lack of functionality is detrimental to the further adoption of Asana in our organization.

3 Likes

@Gerald_Garcia,

I’ve merged your post into a thread that is requesting the same feature. Please vote at the top of this thread.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi everyone

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us - I’m happy to share that we’re rolling out Portfolio Filters!

Want to filter a Portfolio that has a long list of projects to get a more strategic view? Perhaps, you only want to see projects where owners have marked it as “At Risk”. Or, wanted to remove archived projects from your view and only see unarchived ones?

:rocket: What’s new?

Introducing Portfolio Filters - we want to make it easier for you to better manage your Portfolios by introducing basic filtering functionality to help you more easily create the views you need when you have a large list of projects.

To add a filter, it’s as easy as clicking on the “Filter” icon on the top right and selecting your view.

You’ll be able to filter by archive status, completion status, owner, priority, status or status update.

When?
This feature has begun rolling out to our customers and as of May 15, we’re at 10%!

2 Likes

Is there an update on this feature?

2 Likes

What is status of provision of this basic functionality?

Hi team,
Is there any update on the “sorting” functionality?
Can we move an individual project into a portfolio?
Do we have the functionality of having a dropdown for projects/portfolios to unfold (open) or collapse (close) all the listed projects under one portfolio? I have too many projects opened at once, which makes it overwhelming.
Thanks

We are using Portfolios a lot and we love it but there are some restrictions since we can´t sort by multiple levels.

In projects you can sort within a section or by multiple sort options. We really need that same function for Portfolios to be able to use it fully for our planning. E.g. in a Portfolio when we have sorted by the custom field department we would like to sort also by date or priority.

Are there any news on this feature that has been requested for a while now?

Hi - agree with comments above. Is there any update on including multiple column filtering and sorting? This is really important when sorting projects.