Ability to sort only selected tasks and multiple fields

This would be VERY helpful to us too !

Being able to sort within a section would be extremely helpful. For example, I would like to be able to organize using sections and then sort by due date within each section. Currently the only way to do this is to drag each individual task into the correct order. Maybe this could be added by allowing multiple levels of sorting (ie: sort by section, then by date, then by assignee) as you can in Excel.

2 Likes

Is there a feature like that by now and i just dont find it or do i have to wait until someone take this point seriously?

@Philip_Haerke, Neither of these features have made it into the product and I haven’t read about any plans.

Having the ability to sort and keeping items within the “sections” they are assigned would be huge!!

1 Like

Actually, both of these are possible now with Asana2Go and the new Responsive list view, multi-column sorts, hide/show 21 columns, filter-as-you-type, and more: Asana2Go Interactive Tables ✨

Larry

1 Like

@lpb just looked at this - wow great work! Really powerful tool - thank you! :coffee:

@Ruth_Newnham, Thanks so much for the nice words–and the coffees at Larry Berger is creator of the Asana2Go app and an Asana Certified Pro consultant! I always appreciate your posts here on the forum here.

Larry

Is this feature available yet?

@Chetan_Mistry, Not using Asana alone I’m afraid.

Larry

Hi everybody!

Jumping here to share some great news with you! We are currently rolling out a new feature that will allow you to sort your project within sections! :raised_hands:t5: You can read more about it in the following announcement: Launching sorting within Sections! 🥳

Please note I’ve slightly edited the title of this thread to keep it open and updated!

I hope you all enjoy it! Have a great day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way that I can sort by Project first and then second by Due Date?

Trying to look at the upcoming week for the team across projects but it really needs a secondary sort by date since its to hard to figure out whats coming up in order since as soon as you sort by project the due date just seems completely random.

Image 2021-06-02 at 6.53.43 am

Hi,

The secondary sort has been requested by others on the community, for example Sort by two fields (secondary sort)
@Rebecca_McGrath However the post it was merged into does not make a lot of sense for me, I’ll let you decide what you want to do!

1 Like

Hi @Gary_Capps1, thanks for providing this feedback :slight_smile: As we do have an existing thread for this request in the Forum, I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback!

I’ll keep you posted if we have any updates here :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca. Where did you merge it to? I see the one mentioiend above but there’s no resolution there.
Is there actually a solution?

Hi @Gary_Capps1, there is an existing #productfeedback thread for this request so this feature is not yet available. I’ll keep you posted if we have any updates here :slight_smile:

Looks like my request has been merged into an existing thread around this which is 3 years old so I dont hold out a lot of hope.
Pretty surprising this isn’t a thing since the sort by project feature is pretty useless without being able to see whats actually due in order.

One feature upgrade Id personally love to see is the ability to overlay multiple filters on the board view at the same time.

I love using the asgnee - to see just my tasks on a multi user board - but it would be great if I could also use a second filter to see due today vs tomorrow.

This is an existing feature request, and @Rebecca_McGrath will probably merge your thread in it.

1 Like

FYI @Rebecca_McGrath there might be some extended clean up possible if you merge things about “multiple sorts” with things related to “secondary sorts”

1 Like