Ability to reverse order when Sorting by Custom Fields

We have a custom field that gives each task a score, the higher the better. However, when I go to sort the list of tasks by this field, it only shows them in ascending order. We need to see numbered fields in descending order so that the highest scoring items can be seen at the top. Please advise.

Yep, this would be super useful as we have value as a numeric field and it seems weird to tell people to take things off the bottom of the pile.

Yea we track RICE prioritization in Asana, and would really like to sort by score https://blog.intercom.com/rice-simple-prioritization-for-product-managers/

1 Like

I agree. It seems strange to me that someone would build a sort field with only one direction? Why would someone ONLY allow for ascending sort OR descending sort? It is common to have a need to sort in both directions depending on the need.

4 Likes

How to do reverse order sorting, when we have custom fields? Looks like this option is not possible

I came from WUNDERLIST, thinking that, there are better features. Though there are features, better than WUL, but basic sorting, like reverse sorting is not available.
I’m very disappointed with this.

I’d like to be able to sort numerical and text fields by descending as well as ascending.

This has come up multiple time with the rest of my teammates. I’ve had to drag things manually in the interim, which is cumbersome for a large project.

Yes please guys! I am looking for listing tasks by their due date in descending order so I can have my ‘Done’ columns with most recent ones on the top.

Please add this! it’s a basic function and I was shocked to find out you can only sort by ascending and not descending. Why??? :frowning:

1 Like

Adding on top of what other people said here. Really frustrate that you can only sort Ascending values and not descending.

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to sort by numbered fields inside Asana. But you can use an additional tool that resolves prioritization issues. At Ducalis you can see your team top priorities and personal evaluated tasks sorted by priority.