Ability to reduce the size of a field column in List view further

Our QA team has moved to the List view for categorizing bug reports. New bugs come in to a holder “Unsorted” filter through a variety of Forms in addition to manually being added by developers for the QA team to manage. Each task inside the QA list is assigned a list of important fields, to ensure the developer has all of the info they need at a glance, and if they want more information they can click on the task full bug description. We have the Task name field expanded as we frequently encounter times where bug reports can’t be explained shorter.

Being able to resize the field category to be smaller would condense the unused which makes the workflow of our developers using laptops significantly better, which is a common case for us.

The number of Reports is cut off if I have it as the last column, but if I have Assignee as the last column I can still easily understand who is assigned because of the user icon.

Some of our fields are Number fields which never go over a few digits, leaving a significant amount of space.

Currently, developers will have to scroll to view the last two fields they need to fill out, but the ability to decrease the size of the proceeding fields more would allow the team to work faster.
The ability to resize the columns by 60% more than currently possible would suffice for our use cases and leave us satisfied, especially in the case of Number columns taking up that much space.

We’ve found the workflow we described best is the best solution for the time being, if there’s any obvious ways of putting all of these on the screen at once aside from decreasing the size of our Task names please do let me know!

Hi @anon47076889! :wave:t5:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for explaining why this functionality would be so useful for you and your Team. As it stands, there isn’t an option to further reduce the size of the column and to be honest I don’t believe this is in our near-term plans but I completely understand how important this is for your current workflow.

At the moment, the best workaround I can think of is to hide those fields that are not so important (by toggling them off) and to leave in sight the ones that are more essential for your Team. You could also hide the sidebar (by using the shortcut TAB+O) to have more space for your task list view.

I hope this helps in the meantime Jason! Please, don’t forget to leave your vote by clicking on the vote button next to the thread’s title.

2 Likes