Ability to insert hyperlinks

+1 here. Kinda surprised this is not a thing yet.
To be clear: Asana is an incredible product and the lack of this feature doesnā€™t make it unusable, at least for me; nor do I agree with the commentary that comes from the angle ā€œIā€™m a Software Engineer and if you havenā€™t built this yet you do not take customer feedback seriouslyā€.

Thatā€™s ridiculous. I am sure Asana is constantly juggling a swath of priorities, including general product vision / evolution, technical debt, and customer feedback and feature requests.

Yesā€¦ it seems that this one should be very simple. And yes, itā€™s kind of ridiculous itā€™s still not available. But then again - Iā€™m not seeing how many other customer requests are getting built over time.

Soā€¦ +1

3 Likes

I quite like Basecamp though itā€™s a very different product. It has less features but it has all the critical ones (like adding links). Worth trying out both and seeing what is best for your org!

1 Like

Yes, this feature is very nice when writing hyperlinked comments. Without it, basically, comments are very limitedā€¦ I am very surprised that this isnā€™t already supported.

Absolute basic, integral feature; itā€™s rather embarrassing from my perspective to not have it.

It has been 2 years since and you must have noticed this is an essential blocker for many businesses who otherwise would love to use Asana!

@Asana_Admin: Can you please update when your user base can expect this to be fixed? Seems like a 2 week intern project rather than an unfixed issue for many years?!

3 Likes

The Asana dev team is way too good to have not implemented this simple and highly popular request by now. Someone involved in setting development priorities is resisting this feature. Come on, dev team! What is the big deal about adding a little link icon to the rich text toolbar like this forum has, and virtually every rich text web editor provides?!?

4 Likes

I like using links with anchor text. Really thought Iā€™d find a simple answer to how to do it I had missed somehow.

3 Likes

+1 for hyperlinks in text! Surprised this functionality doesnā€™t exist within Asana yetā€¦

3 Likes

Another vote from me. Itā€™s pretty crazy to think such a simple and basic feature is still not implemented despite countless requests over such a long period of time.

Perhaps thereā€™s a technical/functional conflict somewhere? If so, Iā€™m sure we would all like a brief explanation @Asana_Admin?

Thanks for your attention!

1 Like

+1, need this feature

1 Like
  • 1, this feature should be considered ā€œtable stakesā€
1 Like

The answer to this issue is that ability to add hyperlinks are a ā€˜premiumā€™ feature. If you have the paid version, you can enter it in the ā€˜custom fieldsā€™. New for Asanaā€™s custom fields: emojis, links, and more

Lame thing to make a premium feature if you ask me.

Itā€™s a premium feature: New for Asanaā€™s custom fields: emojis, links, and more

Agree! Please add this feature

Iā€™d like this as well. This seems to have a lot of traction with customers. How does this idea get moved to the development roadmap?

It would be great if we could hyperlink text instead of pasting entire URLs which can take up several lines in a comment.

You should go upvote there Ability to insert hyperlinks

Oh man, from October 2017? Thatā€™s discouraging.

Welcome to the Forum @anon18775343 and thank you for sharing your feedback.

Iā€™ve just merged your post with the thread @Bastien_Siebman recommended to consolidate feedback. I hope itā€™s OK.

Have a great week!

Crazy this feature has not been implemented yet. What is holding you guys back on this? itā€™s embarrassing that this has been requested in 17 and yet to come.

2 Likes