Ability to have Product prioritization matrix

Imagine having two custom fields - Business Value and Effort with low, medium, high for each option and tasks in a list view with assigned business value and effort.
It would be great to have a view that showed business value on one axis and effort on another and the tasks displayed ala product prioritization matrix
See https://29cja5sshw9cd2hej34fi12j-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/media/prioritize-product-backlog-using-four-quadrant-matrix-002-1024x754.jpg for reference

@Varsha_Shankar,

Asana2Go (free to most users/companies; disclaimer: I’m the creator) offers something quite similar that could easily be customized to match your screenshot:

This works either with a tag or with a custom field (your choice). I use a single one of either rather than a pair of fields because it’s quicker and simpler, but two fields would be trivial to support, or just one field with your nine possible values.

You can do this as your own custom format output using Asana2Go if you have some HTML knowledge, or I’m available for this work.

An in-depth article and video are found here:

Larry

1 Like

Hello! I saw this “Use cases” thread regarding how to implement a RACI chart/matrix in Asana: Implementing a RACI Matrix in Asana The comments suggested using Asana2Go plugin, which is a great tool, but I have a lot of clients using Asana on my recommendation and rather than have them (a) integrate 3rd party tools and risk potential vulnerabilities to their security, and (b) adopt yet another tool to solve the issues which Asana was meant to solve, I’m interested to know if Asana plans to natively integrate RACI functionality (or provide some suggestion for how it could be done using current functionality).

Any insights & information you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile: Thanks for the great work!

Cheers,
Ashley

@rocketbox,

I did suggest in this post how to do it in Asana directly with using my Asana2Go app:

Larry

Hi @rocketbox. and thank you for reaching out! :wave:t5:

There is an existing thread regarding this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback. And while I don’t have any information to share on this topic at the moment I’ll make sure to keep you posted on this main thread as soon as I have any update!

In the meantime, I would also recommend using the Asana2Go integration for this purpose.

Have a great day @rocketbox! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Natalia, I think the posts should have been merged with:

rather than into this topic.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks! We are generally hesitant to use any integrations due to the nature of our work and would rather limit what platforms access this information.