Ability to export timeline

+1 for this!

1 Like

Another +1 for this, really crucial.

2 Likes

It would be great to visually print out every type of project. List, timeline or board. It looks amazing on web interface, but it’s a pain to present these views into a powerpoint presentation for example.

13 Likes

Yes second that Carl. Not helpful it we can’t present information in powerpoint. Even though I have the gantt in Asana I have to recreate them in a friendly format in PP. Annoying.

1 Like

Is there any way to convert my timeline into a pdf?

Thank you

3 Likes

Hi @Lara_Martinez, I just use the browser’s Print function, then in there choose Save as PDF. In Chrome, Ctrl (Cmd) P starts it, or choose from the menu. It basically captures what you see, so adjust the zoom/scroll/etc. first. Perhaps that could work?

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro consultant at Trilogi

7 Likes

Hi @Lara_Martinez,

As it stands, there isn’t a built-in function in Asana allowing you to save your Timeline in a PDF format so the solution offered by @lpb is probably your best shot!

2 Likes

It’s now a year later. Is this feature added to the Premium Version?
If not, @AsanaCustomerSupport, can you speak to whether this is coming?
It’s a standard business practice to share these documents to our teams and clients. A paid Project Management tool should have this feature.

17 Likes

Hi @James_T and thanks for the follow-up! Our Team is aware that this is a popular request and while I don’t have an update to share today, rest ensured that that I’m keeping a close eye on the situation and will make sure to give you an update as soon as possible.

On a side note, I realised we already have a #productfeedback thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged this thread with the main thread in #productfeedback to centralise feedback on this topic!

3 Likes

We are now using Instagantt to do this. Agree with all above - This should be standard in Asana.

9 Likes

Being able to export as PDF or Print should be absolute standard! Please add this as soon as possible. We really hoped to see this feature as paying users.

Also, I would love to be able to view/edit timelines on the mobile app.

Thanks,
Jakob

15 Likes

+1
This is very similar or a duplicate: Print a timeline - #23 by Marie

One can print a PDF and a PDF can be printed. Both requests could be merged.

1 Like

can we merge these two items so that the votes total 70+ ? :wink:

5 Likes

Currently just using screenshots and converting to a PDF. Having a professional looking PDF to export to and print in meetings would be helpful. Another +1 to the pile :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is tremendously difficult to use Asana in our context because the implementation of our projects depends on both us and the client and we need to replicate everything from Asana because our clients are not on it. And every time we update the plans, we need to replicate yet again. Tons of wasted time and effort from our side. Please create functions where we can export as PDF and as an Excel chart, which would then allow me to share the plans with my collaborators without wasting hours and hours on duplicate work.

10 Likes

Wow, it was a real surprise to find out this wasn’t an option. The timeline view was one of the reasons I picked a paid Asana account vs. your biggest competitor. But without the ability to export, it doesn’t do me any good since I’m going to have to recreate it for my client. Instagantt is ok, but it’s not as pretty as I need it, and I have to pay for the full feature list? Really a drag. Definitely agree that a paid project management software solution should have tools for sharing that don’t require me to require my clients to sign up for my system.

18 Likes

Definitely a +1 as well on this.

4 Likes

It is indeed a very basic need for a lot of start-up: Sending a clean PDF calendar to a client.
Looking forward to see if we are going ahead with this product…

8 Likes

Sharing the timeline and even the task list from Asana to parties outside of the platform is a major challenge. Printing to PDF doesn’t look at good. Otherwise it means duplicating work, producing a less than great looking doc or even using another app. It just doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

@Royann_Dean, As you probably know, Asana’s own Print doesn’t offer any customizability, and doesn’t work for Timeline.

For Timeline, you could use the browser’s print function (not ideal but something!).

For the sharing of task lists to parties not using Asana that you mentioned, well that’s partly why I created Asana2Go (though it’s an extension, so you’d have to be ok with that).

The app and basic info are there; see also https://medium.com/asana-consulting-trilogi-solutions for more articles and videos on Asana2Go. It offers many built-in print formats and unlimited customizability. This requires some HTML/CSS knowledge. I offer custom reports if you need assistance; contact me by Private Message here or via the links above.

1 Like